Saturday, July 31, 2010

I Hate Leftovers

Seriously hate them.  But when you are budgeting you have to eat them.  I try my best to not waste any food.
So what I've been trying to do is re-purpose my food vs. re-heat and eat.

So here's the rule I've been stickin' to.
1. Re-heat leftovers are for packed lunches or Saturday lunch. (=fridge cleanout)
2. Re-purpose 1 meal a week.

My examples so far:
Chicken breast, baked potatoes, and veggies.
Re-purpose meal- BBQ chicken and veggies pizza-  I used the left over chicken and veggies to make a pizza, so the only new ingredients needed were pizza crust and cheese! (I used bbq sauce as the pizza sauce)

Tacos, mac n cheese, and refried beans
Re-purpose meal--Mexican shepherd's pie- Yum!  Used the ground beef, layer of beans, (Andrew loooves refried beans) frozen veggie medley and instant mashed potatoes.  Easy! Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment